Procedures for Submitting Service Hours
GC students will log their service learning hours on their Mobile Serve accounts. Students are required to complete 20 service hours for their respective academic year and upload these hours onto Mobile Serve. Below are the instructions and tutorial reminders for how to log hours. Please note that while hours will be logged in Mobile Serve, check My Backpack for “official transcript” updates on SSL hours logged.
- Summer Service Hours (meaning all Service Hours done between June 1st and August 25th) are due by August 25, 2022 at 3:20 p.m.
- 2022-2023 Academic Year Deadline: April 28th, 2023, at 3:20 p.m.
- Service Hours are always due within 30 days of completing the activity
- Service done for a non-profit that serves the poor/marginalized or at your church/parish/place of worship (for freshmen and sophomores) – no donations (meals, money, clothes, goods, drives, etc) or work done off site. All remote and virtual opportunities are reserved for students with extenuating circumstances.
- “What is it?” An online service-reporting portal.
- “What’s the purpose?” To (hopefully) make it easier for you to track, record, submit Service Hours.
- “Ok. So how do I use it?” Fill out required info using app and get submitted log verified online.
- “Verified? How exactly?”
- Signature by supervisor directly on your iPad/device
- Confirm via an email that can be sent to the site supervisor for approval
- Sending your geolocation while doing onsite service work
- Attaching a photo of you doing the work
Some IMPORTANT things to keep in mind:
- Photos should not include clients.
- Signing and emailed supervisors should still NOT be parents or family members
- We are requiring TWO of the four verifying options, one of which should be signature or email.
- The “Tell Your Story” section is your opportunity to specify tasks and any additional info you think Campus Ministry may need.
NOTE: All verification methods require a device with the MobileServe app on it & access to the internet.