Community Service is an important part of each student’s Good Counsel experience. In addition to completing a required number of service hours each year, students contribute zealously and compassionately to our school community, local communities, and world community through many activities sponsored by classes, clubs, teams, and the Campus Ministry Office.
- Every student is obligated to complete 20 hours of service hours each academic year. If more than 20 hours of service are completed it should be noted that the hours will NOT carry over to the following academic year. Service hours are entered via MobileServe, an application on each student's iPad. Paper service forms will NOT be accepted.
- All SUMMER service hours must be submitted via email (for Freshman ONLY) OR to MobileServe (Upperclassmen) BEFORE the start of school on August 25th, 2022 at 8:30 am.
- The school-wide deadline to complete ALL 20 hours of community service is Monday, April 24th at 8:30 am.
- If the organization a student wishes to serve at is NOT on the pre-approved list of service sites they MUST send an email to Ms. Hamill to have their site approved. If a student does NOT obtain pre-approval from Ms. Hamill their service hours may be denied.
- Indirect service hours will NO LONGER BE ACCEPTED. This includes virtual opportunities (ie: Free Rice), off-site opportunities (ie: Million Thanks, Letter Writing Projects), and any form of donations (ie: meals, money, clothes, goods, drives).
- Service hours are ALWAYS due within 30 days of completion. Service hours submitted after this 30-day period will be denied.