Community Service is an important part of each student’s Good Counsel experience. In addition to completing a required number of service hours each year, students contribute zealously and compassionately to our school community, local communities, and world community through many activities sponsored by classes, clubs, teams, and the Campus Ministry Office.
- As of June 1st, students can begin earning service hours for the 2021-2022 school year.
The number of service hours required for all students at all grade levels is 20 hours per year.
ALL virtual and remote service opportunities are reserved for students with extenuating circumstances, so that students should aim to return to on-site work. Some ideas include food distribution, environmental clean-up, donation sorting, visiting the elderly, tutoring children at a Title I school, etc. but ALL service should be done through a non-profit organization and/or with approval from GC’s Service Coordinator.
There is no limit to the number of hours students can earn doing direct or indirect service.
Service work in the form of religious life (altar serving, lecturing, etc.) or to Good Counsel are still only valid for freshmen and sophomores.
Completed forms can still be emailed to the Service Coordinator (email@example.com) though we hope to roll out a service app soon! Stay tuned!
- Students may begin collecting their required service hours beginning Monday, June 1, 2021.
- Summer service hours need to be in by Friday, September 10, 2021.
- The 2020-2021 deadline is Friday, April 29, 2022.
- Hours must be verified via forms on our website.
- Completed forms should be emailed to Mr. Abdo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This year, there is no limit to the number of hours students can earn doing either direct service (i.e. working at soup kitchens, delivering groceries, helping the disabled, etc.) or indirect service (i.e. stocking a food pantry, mask-making, collecting clothes and other items for those in need, advocacy/fundraising for a non-profit organization that serves the poor and marginalized).
- Please Note: hours given for the above examples are subject to the non-profit organization receiving these goods/services and approval from GC’s Service Coordinator).