Community Service is an important part of each student’s Good Counsel experience. In addition to completing a required number of service hours each year, students contribute zealously and compassionately to our school community, local communities, and world community through many activities sponsored by classes, clubs, teams, and the Campus Ministry Office.
- Students may begin collecting their required service hours beginning Monday, June 1, 2020.
- Summer service hours need to be in by Friday, September 11, 2020.
- The 2020-2021 deadline is Friday, April 30, 2021.
- Hours must be verified via forms on our website.
- Completed forms should be emailed to Mrs. Blanco at email@example.com.
- This year, there is no limit to the number of hours students can earn doing either direct service (i.e. working at soup kitchens, delivering groceries, helping the disabled, etc.) or indirect service (i.e. stocking a food pantry, mask-making, collecting clothes and other items for those in need, advocacy/fundraising for a non-profit organization that serves the poor and marginalized).
- Please Note: hours given for the above examples are subject to the non-profit organization receiving these goods/services and approval from GC’s Service Coordinator).