Community Service is an important part of each student’s Good Counsel experience. In addition to completing a required number of service hours each year, students contribute zealously and compassionately to our school community, local communities, and world community through many activities sponsored by classes, clubs, teams, and the Campus Ministry Office.
- Beginning October 1st, 2021, GC students will log their service learning hours on their Mobile Serve accounts.
- Students are required to complete 20 service hours for their respective academic year and upload these hours onto Mobile Serve.
- Please note that while hours will be logged in Mobile Serve, check My Backpack for “official transcript” updates on SSL hours logged.
- SUMMER Service Hours (meaning all Service Hours done between June 1st and Sept. 10th) are due by September 10, 2021
- FINAL Service Hours are due by April 29, 2022
- Service Hours are always due within 30 days of completing the activity
- We will not accept the paper service form after October 1, 2021, so please familiarize yourself with the service app and upload hours there!
- Service done for a non-profit that serves the poor/marginalized or at your church/parish/place of worship (for freshmen and sophomores) – no donations (meals, money, clothes, goods, drives, etc) or work done off site. All remote and virtual opportunities are reserved for students with extenuating circumstances.