As the largest private International Baccalaureate high school located in the metropolitan Washington DC area, Good Counsel has a long history in helping students to launch impressive careers since 1958.
Our international students have won seats in student government; achieved perfect scores on AP exams; become star players at the various sports and more (athletic eligibility or participation is not guaranteed). Through Model UN, Travel Learning and International Student admissions, Good Counsel's Global Programs strives to help our students to make an even deeper impact in the world.
Our class of 2018 is getting into Yale, Columbia, Cornell, U Penn, Johns Hopkins, Georgetown and more. In addition, 100% of our graduating international students are attending top 100 universities in the US, plus Chinese University of Hong Kong, a top ranking university in Asia.
Only 12-20 seats will be available each school year. Start your application today for consideration.
TENTATIVE UPCOMING INTERVIEWS IN THE REGION - contact us for dates
SEPT - OCT, 2019 | Spain, Germany, Vietnam
JAN - FEB, 2020 | China, Japan, Korea
MAR - April, 2020 | Brazil, Turkey
- Top colleges admittance, including Princeton, Harvard and Yale
- Small number of international students: less than 4% (only 15-20 seats each year)
- Small student-to-teacher ratio: 13:1
- Teachers with advanced degrees: 75%
- iPad Ratio: 1:1 | Entire campus is wifi enabled
- Within 45 minute drive from the US Capitol and three International Airports
- Named Blue Ribbon School of Excellence by US Department of Education.
- Located in Olney, ranked the 17th Best Place to live in the US by Money Magazine.
- Providing host families for housing.
Director of Global Programs
International Student Life Coordinator
SEP 11: Shadow visits begin
OCT 8: Parent information night
OCT 27: Open House
DEC 7: HSPT Exam
DEC 13: STEM / IB / Early Decision deadline
DEC 16 - 17: Agent Tours (registration required)
JUNE 1, 2020: Online training begins
AUG 2, 2020: Orientation begins
AUG 25, 2020: First day of school