Ambassador and Host Families
Have you ever wonder what it is like to have a home in a different country? Here is your chance!
For school year 2020 - 2021, the Global Programs is recruiting five (5) Special Ambassador Families to be paired with five (5) international families. You or/and your child will have a chance to visit your partner student's home country and build enduring relationship for the years to come.
Ambassador Families Can:
- Indicate the countries you are interested to be paired with.
- Indicate the sports/activities you are interested in supporting .
- Be hosted by your international family during a school break (to be arranged individually).
- Enjoy 2 free tickets to Grand Celebration and be seated at the Global Programs table, meeting other international families.
Ambassador Families Requirements:
- Must have a tie with the Good Counsel community.
- Must be located under 30 minutes drive away from the school.
- The reimbursement is $1,000 usd a month.
- Must commit to providing:
- a loving and safe home - anyone older than 18 your household in will require a SSN based background check.
- a bedroom with privacy- but not separated on a different floor from the rest of the family members; preferably not having TV and computers in the bedroom. Room sharing is allowed. Hosting multiple students is allowed.
- all meals: breakfasts are important - try hot pockets if mornings are busy. School lunches are covered in the tuition; packing an afternoon snack is a good idea.
- transportation to and back from school - MUST allow time for after school extracurricular activities. Means of transportation can be bikes (helmet is required), school buses (fees are covered), your private car, carpool with other families, public buses (free with student ID), and if necessary, Uber.
- clear and open discussions about your mutual expectations - here is a list of Standards of Conducts for discussions.
Ambassador Families vs. Host Families:
- Ambassador Families are volunteers receiving modest compensation ($1,000 per month), while enjoying the component of "exchange." Ambassador Families choose the countries they wish to be paired with.
- Host Families are recruited, managed and compensated through homestay agencies that are approved by Good Counsel to support the housing needs of our international students.
- Both Ambassador Families and Host Families must follow regulations published by Standards for International Student Exchange (www.CSIET.org)
- First, please completing a school volunteer application.
- To apply as a Ambassador Family, click here.
- To apply as a Host Family, click here.
- Questions? Contact Mrs. Mohs at email@example.com