How to Apply | Cost of Attendance
- • Good Counsel offers a full refund to those who are unable to travel to the USA due to travel restrictions or visa rejections or delays.
- • Please contact Mrs. Linton for information about late applications.
- • While a TOEFL iBT score is preferred (Our Lady of Good Counsel High School's Code is C675). We will also accept TOEFL Essentials and Duolingo for students who do not have access to the iBT test.
Classification of International Student
- • Do you need ELL support?
- • Do you need an F1 student visa?
- • Do you need a host family?
- • Is this the first time you have been enrolled in a school in the United States?
- • Are you not a U.S. citizen?
- • If your answer is "yes" to any one of these questions, you are classified as an International Student at Good Counsel. Please follow the steps below to apply.
Please complete the following steps:
- Fill out a Student Application Form. The application fee is waived until December 2, 2022 (Early Decision). After December 2, 2022, there will be a $300 non- refundable application fee. If successfully enrolled, the application fee will be applied to the tuition.
- Submit to Good Counsel a Recommendation Form from your English teacher, Math teacher and Guidance Counselor (three total forms). Be sure the email addresses are clear.
- Parents must request that the current school send the student’s official transcript with English translation for the last two years to Good Counsel.
- If English is not your first language, you must submit a recent English Proficiency test score report - a TOEFL iBT score is preferred (Our Lady of Good Counsel High School's Code is C675). We also accept Duolingo English Test (select Good Counsel to share your Score Report). Successful international students typically have an equivalent of TOEFL 80 or above. Scores in SSAT, HSPT or PSAT are helpful in evaluating an application.
- Provide a copy of your passport with a recent photo and birth date information.
- Provide a copy of a recent bank statement of minimum $55,000 USD to demonstrate financial status.
- When all paperwork is complete, schedule and complete an on-campus interview or video interview with the Director of International Student Programs.
Once all of the above is completed, we will inform you of the acceptance decision within 3-5 days and explain the next steps of your enrollment.
Send Mail to:
Gina McBean-Linton, Director of International Student Programs | Our Lady of Good Counsel High School 17301 Old Vic Boulevard, Olney, MD 20832
Scanned Copies can be emailed to email@example.com.
Cost of Attendance
Cost of International Student Attendance
- Tuition for 2022 - 2023: $32,000 includes the following services, regardless of use.
- Base tuition
- ELL/TOEFL prep courses if needed
- TOEFL test if needed
- School lunches
- School buses if needed
- Most Maryland state textbooks
- International Student activities
- Dedicated advisers
- Parent Association
- Tuition discount may be available. Send your inquiry to the Director of International Student Programs.
- Tuition does not include uniform, optional field trips, elective sports expenses, personal expenses or health insurance. These personal costs can range from $2,000 upwards.
- Good Counsel currently approves and assists the following CSIET (Standards for International Student Exchange) listed agencies for homestay services. Please contact them directly for their pricing and services:
- If you have a family friend or relative in the area as your host family or as your guardian to manage your homestay, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for approvals and next steps.
- If you already have a host family agency, your agency needs to be approved by Good Counsel. Please contact email@example.com for approvals and next steps.
Application Fee: $300 (waived for application received before December 2, 2022)
Additional One-Time Fee (first year only): $2,500
- Pre-arrival online counseling, class placement exams and consultation
- I-20 Issuance
- SEVIS Support
- Mandatory two-week international student orientation including
- airport pick-up (specified day only)
- all breakfasts, most lunches and dinners
- all admissions and transportation
- activities include school and bank account set-up, uniforms, college visits, meet & greet with the president and principals.
- family members encouraged to participate during week one for an additional cost (volume discount available)