How to Apply | Cost of Attendance
Classification of International Student | Do you need ELL support? Do you need F1 Student Visa? Do you need a host family? Is this the first time you are enrolled in a school in the United States? If your answer is "yes" to any one of these questions, you are classified as an International Student at Good Counsel. Please follow the steps below to apply.
Please complete the following steps:
- Fill out an Student Application Form. Application fee is waived until December 13 (Early Decision). After December 13, there will be a $300 non refundable application fee. If successfully enrolled, the Application Fee will be applied to the tuition.
- Download a Teacher Comment Form to be completed by your current (1) English teacher, 2) Math teacher and 3) Guidance Counselor with English translation, and send to Good Counsel. Be sure the email addresses are clear.
- Parents must request that the current school send an official transcript with English translation for the last two (2) years to Good Counsel.
- If English is not your first language, send a copy of a recent English Proficiency test score report - a TOEFL score is preferred. Successful international students typically have a TOEFL 80 or above. Scores in SSAT, HSPT or PSAT are helpful in evaluating an application.
- Provide a copy of your passport with a recent photo and birth date information.
- Provide a copy of a recent bank statement of minimum $55,000 USD to demonstrate financial status.
- When all paperwork is complete, schedule and complete an on-campus interview or SKYPE video interview with the Director of Global Programs.
Once all the above is completed, we will inform you of the acceptance decision within 3–5 days, and the next steps for your enrollment.
Send Mail to:
Yihung Mohs, Director of Global Programs
Our Lady of Good Counsel High School
17301 Old Vic Boulevard, Olney, MD 20832
Scanned Copies can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost of Attendance
Cost of International Student Attendance
- Tuition for 2020 - 2021: $31,620 include the following services:
- Base tuition
- ELL / TOEFL prep courses if needed
- TOEFL test if needed
- School lunches
- School buses if needed
- Most Maryland State textbooks
- International Student activities
- Dedicated advisers
- Parent Association
- Financial aid may be available. Send your inquiry to the Director of Global Programs.
- Good Counsel currently approves and assists the following CSIET (Standards for International Student Exchange) listed agencies for homestay services. Please contact them directly for their pricing and services:
- If you have a family friend or relative in the area as your host family or as your guardian to manage your homestay, please contact email@example.com for approvals and next steps.
- If you already have a host family agency, your agency needs to be approved by Good Counsel. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for approvals and next steps.
Application Fee: $300 (waived for application received before December 13, 2019)
Additional One-Time Fee (first year only): $2,200
- Pre-arrival online counseling, class placement exams and consultation
- I-20 Issuance
- SEVIS Support
- Mandatory two-week international student orientation including
- airport pick-up (specified day only),
- all breakfasts, most lunches and dinners
- All admissions and transportation
- Activities include school and bank account set-up, uniforms, college visits, meet & greet with the president and principals.
- Basically everything except the international flight and personal expenses.
- P.S. Family members are invited to participate. The cost is the same. Volume discount is available if multiple family members participate.
Tuition does not include uniform, optional field trips, elective sports expenses, personal expenses and health insurance. These personal costs can range from $2,000 or more.