If you have ever wanted to truly experience a different culture, here is your chance! Hosting an international student is a culturally enriching experience for the whole family, one which leads to enduring personal relationships around the world.
Host Family Requirements
Contact information for Host Family inquiries:
- A tie with the Good Counsel community is preferred, but not mandatory.
- Host Families must be located near the school bus routes and Metro lines to enable mobility for the students.
- Host Families must commit to providing:
- A loving and safe home.
- A bedroom with privacy – ideally not separated on a different floor from the rest of the family members. Hosting multiple students allowed.
- Three meals a day. (On school days, lunch will be provided by the school as part of the tuition.) Packing an afternoon snack is a good idea.
- Transportation to and back from school – MUST allow time for after-school extracurricular activities. Means of transportation can be bikes (helmet is required), school buses (fees are covered), your private car, carpool with other families, public buses (free with student ID), and, if necessary, Uber.
- Clear and open discussions about your mutual expectations.
- Host Families must participate in four Host Family events: Pre-arrival Orientation, Post-arrival Orientation, Mid-year Check-in, and Year-end Celebration
Management, Compensation and Application to be a Host Family
- Host Families are managed and compensated through homestay agencies that are approved by Good Counsel.
- Monthly stipend can vary based on needs and demands. If you are interested in sponsoring housing for any particular students, please let us know.
- All approved homestay agencies must follow regulations published by Standards for International Student Exchange (www.CSIET.org)
- Apply by filling out our online application on our website.