Ambassador and Host Families
Have you ever wondered what it is like to have a home in a different country? Here is your chance!
For the school year 2020 - 2021, Global Programs is recruiting five Special Ambassador Families to be paired with five international families. You and/or your child will have a chance to visit your partner student's home country and build enduring relationship for years to come.
Ambassador Families can:
- Indicate the countries you are interested in being paired with.
- Indicate the sports/activities you are interested in supporting .
- Be hosted by your international family during a school break (to be arranged individually).
- Enjoy 2 free tickets to Grand Celebration and be seated at the Global Programs table, meeting other international families.
Host Family Requirements
Contact information for Host Family inquiries:
All Host Families:
- Must provide a loving and safe home - background checks are required for anyone 18 and older living in your household.
- Must provide a private bedroom (room sharing is allowed), ideally on the same floor as the rest of the family bedrooms. Preferably no TV or computers in the bedroom. Hosting multiple students is allowed.
- Must provide all meals except for school lunches, which are covered tuition.
- Must provide transportation to and from school, including time for extracurricular activities. Carpooling and public transit is allowed.
- Must have clear and open discussions about your mutual expectations. Please see the Standards of Conducts for discussions.
- Are managed and compensated through homestay agencies. Agencies are managed by parents and are CSIET certified and approved by Good Counsel. All approved homestay agencies must follow regulations published by Standards for International Student Exchange (www.CSIET.org)
- Will be given a monthly stipend that varies based on needs and demands. If you are interested in sponsoring housing for any particular students, please let us know.
Ambassador Family Requirements
Contact information for Host Family inquires:
All ambassador families:
- Must have a tie with the Good Counsel community.
- Must be located under 30 minutes drive away from the school.
- Will be reimbursed is $1,000 usd a month.
- Must commit to providing:
- a loving and safe home - anyone older than 18 your household in will require a SSN based background check.
- a bedroom with privacy- but not separated on a different floor from the rest of the family members; preferably not having TV and computers in the bedroom. Room sharing is allowed. Hosting multiple students is allowed.
- all meals: breakfasts are important - try hot pockets if mornings are busy. School lunches are covered in the tuition; packing an afternoon snack is a good idea.
- transportation to and back from school - MUST allow time for after school extracurricular activities. Means of transportation can be bikes (helmet is required), school buses (fees are covered), your private car, carpool with other families, public buses (free with student ID), and if necessary, Uber.
- clear and open discussions about your mutual expectations - here is a list of Standards of Conducts for discussions.
Ambassador Families vs.
- Ambassador Families are volunteers receiving modest compensation ($1,000 per month), while enjoying the component of "exchange." Ambassador Families choose the countries they wish to be paired with.
- Host Families are recruited, managed and compensated through homestay agencies that are approved by Good Counsel to support the housing needs of our international students.
- Both Ambassador Families and Host Families must follow regulations published by Standards for International Student Exchange (www.CSIET.org)