SEP 11: Shadow visits begin
OCT 8: Parent information night
OCT 27: Open House
DEC 7: HSPT Exam
DEC 13: STEM / IB / Early Decision deadline
DEC 16 - 17: Agent Tours (registration required)
JUNE 1, 2020: Online training begins
AUG 2, 2020: Orientation begins
AUG 25, 2020: First day of school
Director of International Student Programs
As the largest private International Baccalaureate high school in the Maryland suburbs of the Washington D.C. metropolitan area, Good Counsel is proud to offer a dynamic educational experience to international students. Good Counsel is one of the few private college preparatory schools in the area offering admissions to international students and has a long history of helping students launch impressive careers since 1958.
This selective program admits 12-20 international students each year and supports their efforts to find a compatible host family through an approved homestay agency. With a staff of dedicated counselors, peer mentors, ESL courses, and a 24/7 parent portal, international students become a part of the Good Counsel family. Our international students succeed at Good Counsel, taking on leadership positions in student government, becoming star players on sports teams, and achieving perfect scores on AP exams. Almost all of our graduating international students attend top 100 universities in the United States.
Located just 45 minutes from Washington, D.C. and Baltimore, Maryland, Good Counsel is nestled between two major metropolitan cities and three international airports. This ideal location gives international students unparalleled access to our state's and nation’s cultural, economic, and legislative epicenters.
We invite you to learn more about Good Counsel and how our programs can best serve your student’s academic and career goals.
- Offers I20 for F1 Student Visa since 2014
- Participation from 19 countries and growing, including the following countries: Austria, Brazil, Cayman Island, China, El Salvador, France, Germany, India, Iran, Japan, Kenya, Liberia, Mexico, South Africa, South Korea, Turkey, United Kingdom, Vietnam, Zambia
- Selective admission standards capped at a total of 60 seats for all grades (4% of the school population)
- Homestay standards certified by CSIET (Standards for International Student Exchanges)
- Nearly 100% of graduating international students attend top colleges in the U.S., including Johns Hopkins University, New York University and University of California
- Offers English Language Learners courses and dedicated international student activities
Application Key Dates:
OCTOBER | Vietnam, Japan, China
MARCH | Spain, Germany, Turkey
APRIL | Turkey, Asia
Contact Gina McBean-Linton to request for appointments.