Important Dates 2021:
August 9, 2021: Orientation Begins
August 23, 2021: First day of school
September 13 – December 3, 2021: Falcon for a Day (8th grade shadow visits)
September 21, 2021: Parent information night
October 17, 2021: Open House
December 3, 2021: Admissions application deadline
December 3, 2021: STEM / IB / Early Decision deadline
December 4, 2021: HSPT Exam
December 13 – 17, 2021: Agent Tours (registration required)
Director of International
As the largest private International Baccalaureate high school in the Maryland suburbs of the Washington D.C. metropolitan area, Good Counsel is proud to offer a dynamic educational experience to international students. Good Counsel is one of the few private college preparatory schools in the area offering admissions to international students and has a long history of helping students launch impressive careers since 1958.
This selective program admits 12-20 international students each year and supports their efforts to find a compatible host family through an approved homestay agency. With a staff of dedicated counselors, peer mentors, ESL courses, and a 24/7 parent portal, international students become a part of the Good Counsel family. Our international students succeed at Good Counsel, taking on leadership positions in student government, becoming star players on sports teams, and achieving high scores on AP exams. Almost all of our graduating international students attend top 100 universities in the United States.
Located just 45 minutes from Washington, D.C. and Baltimore, Maryland, Good Counsel is nestled between two major metropolitan cities and three international airports. This ideal location gives international students unparalleled access to our state's and nation’s cultural, economic and legislative epicenters.
We invite you to learn more about Good Counsel and how our programs can best serve your student’s academic and career goals.
- Offers I20 for F1 Student Visa since 2014
- Participation from 22 countries and growing, including the following: Austria, Brazil, Cayman Islands, China, El Salvador, France, Germany, India, Iran, Japan, Kenya, Liberia, Mexico, South Africa, South Korea, Turkey, United Kingdom, Vietnam, Zambia, Myanmar, Lebanon, Ghana
- Selective admission standards capped at a total of 60 seats schoolwide (5% of the school population)
- Homestay standards certified by CSIET (Standards for International Student Exchanges)
- Nearly 100% of graduating international students attend top 100 universities in the U.S., including Johns Hopkins University, New York University, MIT, Carnegie Mellon, University of California. Georgetown, Cornell
- Offers English Language Learners courses and dedicated international student activities
Application Key Dates:
OCTOBER | Vietnam, Japan, China
MARCH | Spain, Germany, Turkey
APRIL | Turkey, Asia
Contact Gina McBean-Linton to request appointments.