STUDENT EXCHANGE APPLICATION
How It Works
Please select your Exchange(s) below. Both parents and students have to agree before applying. Number of seats is based on qualified applicants from both schools with minimum of 5. Matches are made by each trip leader based on gender, age, interests, ability to host/travel, and teacher/counselor recommendations.
When traveling overseas, you will not need to cover the cost for housing, food and activities. You will need to cover your own flight and misc. admin fee including travel insurance, plus your personal expenses. Each trip is priced individually as noted below.
When hosting, you will need to cover the cost of your exchange student's housing, food and activities. You will be responsible for organizing activities outside of school, including airport pick-up and send-off as needed. Your exchange student will cover the cost of their own flight, insurance, and personal spending.
Participants must have good academic and financial standing at GC. You also must be:
- Open to cultural, customary and dietary differences;
- Willing to participate in everything organized by our partner school and your host family;
- Able to speak up immediately to anyone about any concerns or questions;
- Aware that you are a representative of GC and US.
We will contact you for an interview. The selected students and parents will be required to:
- Attend three Exchange meetings: 1) Schedule of Activities presentation 2) Pre-travel logistics meeting 3) Pre-arrival logistics meeting
- Pay deposit to book flights. The balance will be billed via FACTS.
- Sign and submit all approval forms.
- Apply for passport/visa as necessary.
Thank you for your participation in the Global Programs. To see what other things are going on with the Global Programs including Global Buddies, Global Scholars, International Student Admissions and Ambassador Families, please visit www.olgchs.org/globalprograms.
Mrs. Yihung Mohs