Intro to Theatre Camp
July 8-July 12 | 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- Rising 2nd-Rising 5th Graders
- Full Day Pricing | $400
Calling all young performers! Campers will work together to create their own play based on a series of fairy tales and well-known children’s stories. For one full and fun week, campers will work with their teacher to learn acting, musical theater elements including voice and dance, improvisation techniques, and more!
- Participate in fun drama games, especially in improv
- Make and perform together a parody of a well-known tale
- Participate in learning literature and theater vocabulary in reference to the stage and a written play/story
- Enjoy exercising and movement while learning musical theater dance
- Practice vocal technique with daily warm-ups and musical sing-alongs
What to bring
- Clothes that you can move and dance in, and a notebook
- A lunch plan is available for purchase or lunch can be brought from home in a cooler
- Full water bottle with camper's name on it
Shannon Cron '99
Shannon Cron is a singer, dancer, actress, and private vocal coach. She has taught musical theatre since 2002 and has performed solo on national television for NBC in Los Angeles. She has also performed in musical theater professionally, regionally, and in the local community. Shannon has taught theater, dance, and music, and directed/choreographed musicals for Ballet Petite where she was also the Artistic Director of Musical Theater Performance Companies; Imagination Stage where she was also a performing artist; the British Players in their Pantomimes and Music Halls; and locally at St. Michael’s, Our Lady of Mercy, and St. Jane De Chantal schools. She studied dance at the University of Maryland, has sung in several bands, and cantered at many local masses. She credits the programs at her alma mater, Our Lady of Good Counsel High School, for cultivating her love of theater, and she is very excited to join GC’s summer program!
Questions? Contact Shannon Cron via email: email@example.com.