Freshman Strength & Conditioning Orientation
For Incoming Student-Athletes Only
The conditioning orientation is required for all incoming student-athletes that wish to train during the summer at Good Counsel prior to their freshman year. This is a great way to get a head start on your high school athletic career! Coach Saar will teach proper spotting and lifting technique in all core lifts and assisted lifts and provide speed training and flexibility. This class is not mandatory, however, athletes must complete four sessions before being permitted to join in summer workouts prior to their freshman year. (IT IS NOT MANDATORY TO PLAY SPORTS AT GC).
Coach Skylar Saar is a certified strength and conditioning specialist (NSCA) with a degree from James Madison University in exercise science and masters from California University of Pennsylvania. He has spent the last 14 years as the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach at Good Counsel. He has worked as a strength and conditioning coach with the University of Maryland football team and several Olympic sports at the University of Minnesota.
Orientation Director: Skylar Saar, Good Counsel’s Head Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Age: incoming 9th graders
- Dates Offered: June 18-21, June 25-28, & July 2, 3, 5, 6
- Schedule: 12—2 p.m. (arrive at 11:30am on day 1)
- Tuition: $175
- Class size is limited to 50 per session. First come, first serve (REGISTER ONLINE)
- Required: Athletic closed-toed sneakers, shorts and t-shirt
- Contact Coach Saar with questions; email: email@example.com