Tuition, Fees and Financial Aid
Good Counsel seeks to provide a quality college preparatory education at the most affordable rate possible. Our tuition fees are set annually by the Good Counsel Board of Directors in January. Tuition rates include daily lunch for students. Tuition does not cover the cost of books, uniforms, or extracurricular activities fees. However, five books are provided by the State of Maryland at no charge to every student. A registration fee is charged to all new students and a graduation fee is charged in the student's Senior year.
Registration Deposit: $1,000
non-refundable deposit is due
- Graduation Fee | Seniors Only: $325
- iPad Educational Program Fee | One-time: $742
- Materials and Activities Fee | Annual: $60
- Parents' Association Dues | Annual: $30
- Registration Fee | One-time: $260
Good Counsel offers financial aid to qualified families to help reduce the total cost of tuition. We encourage all students, both new and returning, to complete the online FACTS application each year. These forms take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
Good Counsel uses FACTS (Nelnet tuition services) for the collection and initial evaluation of financial data. FACTS does not decide whether financial aid will be given or how much to give. FACTS provides a need-based financial analysis service.
Deadline for 2020–2021
School Year Financial Aid
- Current and New Families:
December 13, 2019
(no late applications will be accepted)
Financial Aid Award Notifications for
2020–2021 School Year:
- New Families (included in the admissions notification packet):
Mailed February 20, 2020
- Current Families (via email):
February 28, 2020
Outside Sources for Financial Aid and Loans
Good Counsel offers three plans for tuition payment.
- One installment with a $205 discount off of base tuition if paid by June 15.
- Two installments, 50% due in June and 50% due in November.
- Ten installments monthly beginning in June and ending in March.
- Do I have to enroll even if I intend to pay (or have already paid) my tuition in full?
- When will I know how much I owe in tuition?
- I am divorced and the tuition is split between me and my ex-spouse. How will this be handled?
- Are there any fees I should be aware of?
- What if I want a payment schedule different from what I originally signed up for?