Tuition, Fees, and Financial Aid
2018-2019 Base Tuition: $23,070
Our tuition fee is set annually by the Good Counsel Board of Directors in January. Tuition does not cover the cost of books, uniforms or any extracurricular activities fees; however, five books are provided by the State of Maryland at no charge to students. Tuition does include lunch daily. A registration fee is charged to all new students, and a graduation fee is charged in the student's Senior year.
- Registration Fee | One-time: $250
- iPad Educational Program Fee | One-time: $742
- Materials and Activities Fee | Annual: $50
- Parents' Association Dues | Annual | $35
- Graduation Fee | Seniors Only: $315
Our Lady of Good Counsel High School uses FACTS Tuition Management to manage the processing of our financial assistance program.
To Apply for Our Lady of Good Counsel High School Financial Aid:
- Online applications will be accepted ONLY.
- All student families must submit new financial assistance forms each year.
- Prior to your application submission, please be sure to read the instructions carefully and complete all requirements necessary, including the documentation that must be submitted for consideration including copies of your 2016 tax returns, W2 statements and a signed 4506 IRS form. Please submit all these forms to FACTS.
- You do not need to include the IRS fee of $50.00 for the 4506 form.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered by the Financial Assistance Committee.
- The deadline for submitting financial assistance forms for the 2018-2019 school year is December 8, 2017.
- NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
When you visit the FACTS login page link below:
- Current Good Counsel Families: Returning families with current, returning student(s) applying for need-based tuition assistance are required to submit an application and supporting documentation to FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment. Choose "Sign In to Manage your FACTS account" Please use your existing FACTS Tuition Management username and password.
Questions for Returning Families (returning 10th,11th and 12th grade students): Please contact Kristin Dow in our business office.
- New Families: All new families applying for need-based tuition assistance are required to submit an application and supporting documentation to FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment. Choose the option to "Create a new FACTS Account."
Questions for New Families (incoming 9th grade students and transfers): Please contact Maria Nicols in the Admission Office.
Financial Aid Notification Letters:
- Notification letters for incoming 9th graders will be mailed in their notification packets in late February 2018.
- Notification letters for current Good Counsel families will be mailed by the end of February 2018.
*Note for separated or divorced parents: In the case of divorced or separated parents, each retains the obligation to contribute to the education of his or her child, regardless of whether a legal agreement to do so exists. In this instance, both parents must complete a required Financial Aid application either jointly or separately. Financial aid grants will be made only after considering the financial resources of both parents. In the case of separated and/or divorced parents, no information will be given by the school to either parent regarding the other parent's financial disclosures. The assets of both parents will be considered before making any award; the assertion that one parent has disclaimed responsibility for educational expenses does not apply.
Please note: The Archdiocese of Washington also provides a tuition assistance program that is NOT affiliated with the financial assistance program provided by Our Lady of Good Counsel High School. If you would like to learn more about their program, please visit their website at http://adw.org/tuition-assistance/.
Financial Assistance Appeal Information:
Appeals for those families that have already received a notification letter for the 2018-2019 school year are now being accepted. Please click here to download and print the appeal form.
Our Lady of Good Counsel High School is proud to offer a number of scholarship opportunities to our students. Please view the scholarships below and download a PDF version of the application or contact the specific department or organization in charge.
Opportunities for Incoming Freshmen
These awards are renewable annually. All scholarship awards vary in amount.
- Xaverian Scholarship
- Fine Arts Scholarship
- Speech and Debate Scholarship
- John Doyle '76 Scholarship
- Peggy Ghent Memory Scholarship
- James T. McKenna Memorial Scholarship
- Rick Miller STEM Scholarship
The Rick Miller STEM Scholarship was established to provide scholarship support for students accepted into the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) program and who show demonstrated financial need. The purpose of this fund is to provide annual, renewable scholarships for current or incoming students who show a passion and aptitude for continuing study in a STEM-related field. No additional application required.