Applying to Good Counsel
Thank you for your interest in Our Lady of Good Counsel High School.
Please review this information to help guide you through the application process for the upcoming 2019-2020 school year.
Online Registration for Archdiocese High School Placement Test
To schedule placement testing, visit the Archdiocese High School Placement Test (HSPT) web page.
Applicants to Our Lady of Good Counsel High School are evaluated for admission based upon
the following criteria:
- Submission of the Good Counsel Application Form with application fee
- Appropriate ability as demonstrated on the Archdiocesan Entrance Exam (HSPT)
- High level of academic achievement in the seventh grade and first quarter of the eighth grade
- A demonstrated sincere desire to attend Good Counsel
- Recommendations of principals and/or teachers
- Satisfactory disciplinary and attendance history
- In person interview with a member of the Good Counsel community.
Our Lady of Good Counsel High School reserves the right to revoke acceptance at any time for academic and/or disciplinary reasons.
Rights and Non-Discrimination
Our Lady of Good Counsel High School admits students of any race, color, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to the students at our school. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin in the administration of our educational and admissions policies, scholarship programs and athletic or other school administered programs.