International Baccalaureate Program
- 1995, the year Good Counsel started the IB Program, first among all Catholic high schools in the area
- $7.8 million, the total of academic scholarships awarded to 38 students in the Class of 2023 IB Program
The most established program of its kind among all Catholic schools in our region, our IB Program distinguishes Good Counsel graduates for college consideration because it is globally recognized by top colleges and universities as one of the best available for highly motivated, high-achieving students.
The program consists of a two-year college preparatory course of study developing the whole student — intellectually, emotionally and ethically.
With a core curriculum consisting of six subjects that are applied over three areas of focus, students learn how to learn by reflecting on the nature of knowledge itself, completing independent research, and partaking in a project that oftentimes involves an immersive community service aspect that enriches the lessons.
Good Counsel offers IB studies in the following subjects:
- Visual Arts
- World Literature
- Information Technology for a Global Society (ITGS)
- Sports Exercise Science
- Visual Arts
- World Religions
- How do I apply for the International Baccalaureate Program?
- Are there prerequisites for the International Baccalaureate Program?
- How is acceptance to the International Baccalaureate Program determined?
- How is the International Baccalaureate Program different from the Advanced Placement Program?
- What additional tasks are required to earn an International Baccalaureate diploma?
- How do colleges view the International Baccalaureate Program?