Our Lady of Good Counsel High School is pleased to announce the appointment of Steve Howes '91 as Athletic Director (AD), effective August 1, 2019.
At a Glance
A visit to our school will allow you to witness the true essence of Good Counsel; however, these facts and figures will give you a glimpse of the GC experience.
- Location: 51-acre campus, 15 miles north of Washington, DC and 30 miles south of Baltimore, MD
- Campus: Wireless, 21st-century built facilities with main academic building that houses a library, 10 science and technology labs, a 150 seat chapel, a 660-seat state-of-the-art performing arts center, two gyms and top-notch athletic facilities including a turf field, and multiple playing fields.
- Enrollment: 1,200+(2019-2020) young men and women, grades 9-12
- Tuition 2018-2019 : $23,070 – tuition includes lunch and most textbooks
- Tuition Assistance: We provide over $ 2.8 million in tuition assistance
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 13/1
- Average class size: 22
- Faculty: 75% of faculty have advanced degrees
- Advanced Placement: 19 courses; 438 students registered for at least one AP exam in 19 subjects; 869 AP exams were administered in May 2017
- International Baccalaureate Program: The oldest IB Diploma program among all Catholic schools in Maryland, DC, and Virginia; 291 IB exams were administered in May 2017
- STEM: 40 students are accepted into the STEM Program each year
- College matriculation: 99 percent of graduates go on to 4-year colleges
- Alumni: 12,630 graduates since 1958
- Faith: 64 percent of GC students are Catholic; however, all faiths find a home at GC
- Technology: 1:1 iPad program; digital citizenship curriculum; wireless campus with student access to more than 200 computer workstations and laptops; every classroom equipped with interactive whiteboards
- Co-curricular activities: 90+ percent of students participate in more than 60 clubs and organizations
- Service: Campus Ministry offers service and cultural immersion opportunities locally, nationally, and internationally
- School mascot: Falcons
- Athletics: About 71 percent of students participate in interscholastics athletics