Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice
Our goal is to make sure that each student that passes through our halls is not only expertly educated, but also has the strength of conviction to stand up for justice, speak out against inequity, and seek diversity and inclusion in every aspect of life. It is in doing this that our community truly lives out the Xaverian values of simplicity, humility, compassion, zeal, and trust. It is through our intentional centering of diversity, inclusion, equity and justice that we inspire students to excel, serve and love.
Much of ODI’s efforts are supported through the Student Diversity Leadership Committee (SDLC), a diverse group of student leaders charged with promoting diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice throughout our school community. Their key responsibilities include planning student programming, attending conferences, and serving as peer mediators. Through their support, and our commitment to working with faculty, staff, students, and our entire community, we hope to continue to foster an environment where every single human can be excellent.
At Our Lady of Good Counsel High School, a Catholic high school founded on the principles and values of the Xaverian Brothers:
- We believe diversity is a blessing that enriches our community.
- We respect, value and celebrate the unique, God given gifts of each member of our community.
- We strive for excellence in promoting equity and justice for our entire community.
- We love and serve our students, faculty, staff, parents and visitors of any age, race, religion, ethnicity, ability, appearance, gender, gender identity, socioeconomic status, neighborhood, sexual orientation, national origin, or political affiliation.
- We seek to identify and challenge all forms of prejudice, discrimination and injustice.