Click on the following departments to learn more:
Our Lady of Good Counsel High School, a Catholic, co-ed, high school in Montgomery County seeks a Security Officer.
This is a new position, 4 hours per regular school day from afternoon dismissal until early evening. Additional hours for school events like football games, concerts, dances, and the like.
At 20-hours per regular week, this position may be benefit eligible.
- Monitors student behavior during assigned hours and at student events to ensure student compliance with established behavioral guidelines.
- Collaborates with the Deans of Students in addressing significant violations of school policies.
- Patrols school facilities (main building, stadium, grounds, parking lots, adjacent areas) to: provide visibility; ensure safety and welfare of students, faculty, staff, and visitors; maintain security; and deter criminal activities.
- Refers incidents including personal injuries, altercations, suspicious activities, rule violations, and the like to the Deans of Students and/or Principal, and, when appropriate, Montgomery County Police.
- Responds to a variety of situations (i.e. accidents, injuries, vandalism, suspicious activities, alarms, etc.) to take appropriate action to resolve immediate safety and/or security concerns.
- Assists with traffic and parking control to maintain safe, efficient traffic flow on campus.
- Participates, as appropriate, in workshops, in-service training, disciplinary hearings, and the like for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information related to safety and security.
- Assists campus guests.
- Provides supervision of on-campus events, as needed.
- Serves as a liaison with local authorities, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Principal.
Please forward resume and cover letter to Patti Perfetto, Assistant to the Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Lady of Good Counsel High School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.