Our Lady of Good Counsel Health Services provides a quality School Health Program to ensure the optimum state of physical, mental, and social well-being for students to maximize their educational experience.
School Health Services
The services provided by the OLGC Health Room include:
- Collecting and maintaining all medical records for the student body
- Ensuring compliance with the State of Maryland’s Immunization Requirements
- Developing and implementing Care plans for students with chronic illnesses and social/emotional needs
- Health Counseling regarding identified or potential health problems
- Evaluating and treatment of sudden illnesses and injuries
- Administering medication
- First Aid and crisis intervention
- Health Education for students and faculty/staff
The Registered Nurses work closely with the Administration, Counseling Department, Athletic Trainers, Teachers, and Parents to ensure a healthy and positive learning environment for all students.
Health Forms: Due by August 1
Good Counsel hosts all student medical information in an online database called Magnus Health Student Medical Record (SMR), a secure and HIPPA compliant database. Please complete all health information required within your student’s Magnus SMR by August 1. This information meets the needs of the Health Room and the Athletic Trainers.
If you require assistance with the Magnus Health Portal, please contact Kate Walsh.