How to Apply | Cost of Attendance
Please complete the following steps:
- Fill out an Student Application Form.
- Download a Teacher Comment Form to be completed by at least two current teachers (preferably an English and a Math teacher) with English translation, and send to Good Counsel.
- Parents must request that the current school send an official transcript with English translation for the last two (2) years to Good Counsel.
- If English is not your first language, send a copy of recent English Proficiency test score report to Good Counsel. In general, successful applicants have TOEFL 80+, IELT 6.5+, ELTIS 250+, ITEP 4.3+.
- Provide a copy of your passport with a recent photo and birth date information.
- Provide a copy of a recent bank statement of minimum $55,000 USD to demonstrate financial status.
- When all paperwork is complete, schedule and complete an on-campus interview or SKYPE video interview with the Director of Global Programs.
*For 2017-2018 consideration, please submit all material now for Early Enrollment consideration
Once all the above is completed, we will inform you of the acceptance decision as soon as possible, and the next steps for your enrollment.
Send Mail to:
Yihung Mohs, Director of Global Programs
Our Lady of Good Counsel High School
17301 Old Vic Boulevard, Olney, MD 20832
Scanned copies can be emailed to email@example.com.
Cost of Attendance
- Tuition: $21,842.00 (2017-2018)
- International Student Program: $5,250.00 (Advisory, Activities, ESL Classes)
- Merit-based financial aide may be available. Send your inquiry to the Director of Global Programs.
- Good Counsel currently does not offer homestay service. We are happy to recommend local homestay companies for your consideration.
Additional One-Time Fee (first year only): $2,410.00
- I-20 Processing and SEVIS Support
- Two-Week Orientation
Tuition includes school lunches, IPAD, and most text books. It does not include uniform, optional field trips, elective sports expenses, and insurance. Additionally, you need money for traveling and personal expenses. These optional costs can range from $2,000 or more.
*Now Accepting Applications for 2017-2018
INTERVIEWS IN THE REGION (contact Yihung Mohs for appointments)
SEP 26-SEP 28 | Milan - Italy
SEP 29-OCT 8 | Frankfurt, Stuttgart, Dusseldort - Germany
OCT 9-OCT 12 | Vienna - Austria
DEC 22-JAN 1 | Taipei - Taiwan
JAN 12-JAN 20 | Shanghai, Hangzhou, Qingdao - China
- Top colleges admittance, including Princeton, Harvard and Yale
- Small number of international students: less than 2% (only 12-15 seats each year)
- Small student-to-teacher ratio: 13:1
- Teachers with advanced degrees: 75%
- iPad Ratio: 1:1 | Entire campus is wifi enabled
- Within 45 minute drive from the US Capitol and three International Airports
- Named Blue Ribbon School of Excellence by US Department of Education.
- Located in Olney, ranked the 17th Best Place to live in the US by Money Magazine.
- Providing host families for housing.
Yihung Mohs | Director of Global Programs
Office: 240-283-3272 | Cell: 240-515-8983
OCT 16: Open House Campus Visit
DEC 10: Early Decision
DEC 10: STEM Application Deadline
DEC 10: IB Application Deadline
MAR 1: Application Deadline
APR 1: Regular Admission Decision
MAY 1: Global Buddies Pen-Pal
JUN 1: School Fees Due
JUL 1: I-20 Issuance
AUG 7: Arrival for Orientation
AUG 22: School Begins