Being a host family is a culturally enriching experience for every member of the family, and you will build enduring personal relationships across the world for years to come. We plan to enroll 12 - 15 international students every year from all over the world.
Host Family Requirements:
- A tie with the Good Counsel community is preferred, but not mandatory. Faculty, alumni, neighbors are all invited to apply.
- Ideally located near the school bus routes and metro lines to enable mobility for the students.
- Will be invited into a "Falcon Family" chat room for mutual support and fun activities.
- Must commit to providing a private room, all meals and transportation to and back from school (must allow time for after school extracurricular activities).
- Can choose to host short terms (typically less than one month and is not compensated) or an academic year (compensated, August to June. Temporary housing can be provided when you travel.)
Management, Compensation and Application to be a Host Family:
- Host Families are managed and compensated through homestay agencies that are approved by OLGCHS.
- Monthly stipend can vary based on needs and demands. If you are interested in sponsoring housing for any particular students, please let us know.
- Apply by filling out an online application and completing a school volunteer application.
- Send an email to Yihung Mohs at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a meeting to discuss details.