Being a host family is a culturally enriching experience for every member of the family, and you will build enduring personal relationships across the world for years to come. We plan to enroll 12 - 15 international students every year from all over the world.
Host Family Requirements:
- A tie with the Good Counsel community is preferred, but not mandatory. Faculty, alumni, neighbors are all invited to apply.
- Ideally located near the school bus routes and metro lines to enable mobility for the students.
- Will be listed on the international student carpool list and take turns to support weekend and after school outings.
- Must commit to providing a private room, all meals and transportation to and back from school (allow time for after school extracurricular activities).
- Must commit for a minimum of 10 months (August to June). Temporary housing can be provided when you travel.
Management, Compensation and Application to be a Host Family:
- Host Families are managed and compensated through homestay agencies that are approved by OLGCHS.
- Monthly stipend can vary based on needs and demands. If you are interested in sponsoring housing for any particular students, please let us know.
- Apply by filling out an online application and completing a school volunteer application.
- Send an email to Yihung Mohs at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a meeting to discuss details.