2016-2017 Buddies Kick Off!
Being a buddy to an international student broadens your horizon and point of view. It is a rewarding experience that provides an opportunity to support each other’s growth. Upon successful completion, Buddies will receive a letter of recognition to be included in his or her permanent record for college applications.
What to Expect (school year 2016-2017):
- Participate in the Global Buddies Chat Room (starting in May every Saturday at 9:30 am EST)
- Attend Club Meetings regularly on Thursday mornings from 8:00 to 8:30 am
- Participate in club activities such as the Culture Day talent show, the Virtual Writing Center, etc.
- Invite your buddies to explore the USA! Check out what's on the activity calendar (subject to updates):
- Be a good role model and passionate world citizen!
Interested? Submit an online application.
Only 30 spots will be available. Admission is based on consistent involvement in the school community, academic performance, and demonstrated leadership and communication skills. If all seats are taken, you will be placed on the wait list.