GCTC's productions of And Then There Were None & The Real Inspector Hound run November 3, 4, 10 & 11 in the Performing Arts Center.
At a Glance
A visit to our school will allow you to witness the true essence of Good Counsel; however, these facts and figures will give you a glimpse of the GC experience.
- Location: 52-acre campus, 15 miles north of Washington, DC and 30 miles south of Baltimore, MD
- Campus: Wireless, 21st-century built facilities with main academic building that houses a library, 10 science and technology labs, a 150 seat chapel, a 660-seat state-of-the-art performing arts center, two gyms and top-notch athletic facilities including a turf field, and multiple playing fields.
- Enrollment: 1,250 young men and women, grades 9-12
- Tuition Assistance: We provide approximately $ 2.4 million+ in tuition assistance
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 13/1
- Average class size: 22
- Faculty: 75% of faculty have advanced degrees
- Advanced Placement: 22 courses; 739 AP exams were administered in May 2016
- International Baccalaureate Program: The oldest IB Diploma program among all Catholic schools in Maryland, DC, and Virginia; 339 IB exams were administered in May 2016
- College matriculation: 99 percent of graduates go on to 4-year colleges
- Alumni: 12,016 graduates since 1958
- Faith: 64 percent of GC students are Catholic; however, all faiths find a home at GC
- Technology: 1:1 iPad program; digital citizenship curriculum; wireless campus with student access to more than 200 computer workstations and laptops; every classroom equipped with interactive whiteboards
- Co-curricular activities: 90+ percent of students participate in more than 60 clubs and organizations
- Service: Campus Ministry offers service and cultural immersion opportunities locally, nationally, and internationally
- School nickname: The Falcons
- Athletics: About 71 percent of students participate in interscholastics athletics