This year we are turning back time to the 80's! Come dance with us all night long as we celebrate 30 years of GC's largest fundraiser of the year, Grand Celebration.
At a Glance
A visit to our school will allow you to witness the true essence of Good Counsel; however, these facts and figures will give you a glimpse of the GC experience.
- Location: 52-acre campus, 15 miles north of Washington, DC and 30 miles south of Baltimore, MD
- Campus: Wireless, 21st-century built facilities with main academic building that houses a library, 10 science and technology labs, a 150 seat chapel, a 660-seat state-of-the-art performing arts center, two gyms and top-notch athletic facilities including a turf field, and multiple playing fields.
- Enrollment: 1,250 young men and women, grades 9-12
- Tuition Assistance: We provide approximately $ 2.4 million+ in tuition assistance
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 13/1
- Average class size: 22
- Faculty: 75% of faculty have advanced degrees
- Advanced Placement: 22 courses; 739 AP exams were administered in May 2016
- International Baccalaureate Program: The oldest IB Diploma program among all Catholic schools in Maryland, DC, and Virginia; 339 IB exams were administered in May 2016
- College matriculation: 99 percent of graduates go on to 4-year colleges
- Alumni: 12,016 graduates since 1958
- Faith: 64 percent of GC students are Catholic; however, all faiths find a home at GC
- Technology: 1:1 iPad program; digital citizenship curriculum; wireless campus with student access to more than 200 computer workstations and laptops; every classroom equipped with interactive whiteboards
- Co-curricular activities: 90+ percent of students participate in more than 60 clubs and organizations
- Service: Campus Ministry offers service and cultural immersion opportunities locally, nationally, and internationally
- School nickname: The Falcons
- Athletics: About 71 percent of students participate in interscholastics athletics